2010 GMC Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick4578

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have 126,000 miles on my 2010 Yukon XL. Got back from my mechanic who was checking it for our road trip. Apparently I have a broken driver side front engine mount ($455). Water pump and thermostat need replaced ($787). Water pump is leaking from weep hole. Upper ball joints have excessive play requiring me to replace upper control arms as well ($778). Does any of this seem unusual or excessive for a vehicle with relatively low mileage. I also have a crack in my dashboard. My vehicle is garage kept. I asked the dealer and they said it was common in GMC vehicles to have this problem. Thoughts?

Gurrzt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California - where GOD and the sun always shines
Generally speaking, you should replace both the water pump and radiator @ the same time, the thinking is, you have reduced pressure with a leaky water pump (assuming the radiator is just as old), the new pump is increasing the water pressure to the old radiator, which more than likely will cause the old radiator to leak.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
126,000 miles on a vehicle that's only 6 years old is a lot of miles. That's more than the average per year mileage that most people drive. So that's not to surprising that you're mechanic says you need all those things. Although his prices for that work are pretty high.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
126,000 miles on a vehicle that's only 6 years old is a lot of miles. That's more than the average per year mileage that most people drive. So that's not to surprising that you're mechanic says you need all those things. Although his prices for that work are pretty high.

x2

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
All is quite common - I'm surprised ball joints and motor mount weren't needed earlier.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
And if you're going to do upper ball joints, you may as well knock out lowers and tie rod ends too because they wont be far behind - then you only have to get it aligned once.

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when I purchased my 2009 yukon xl with 125,000 miles on it, it needed new front struts, new rear air shocks, new air pump, new front hubs on both sides, new lower ball joints and one new cv axle. So yeah sounds about right ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rbirkey