2010 Burb Tpms reset not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pt1965

Reaction score
2010 burb,175k, i have been getting occasional rogue zero tire pressure for about a year, now that one reads --, and i have the service tpms message. i tried the relearn tire position procedure to correctly identify which it is, but the front left tire never produced a horn beep! so is that the bad sensor or is something else wrong? my tire shop says the dealer has to do something with the computer, is he correct?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 burb,175k, i have been getting occasional rogue zero tire pressure for about a year, now that one reads --, and i have the service tpms message. i tried the relearn tire position procedure to correctly identify which it is, but the front left tire never produced a horn beep! so is that the bad sensor or is something else wrong? my tire shop says the dealer has to do something with the computer, is he correct?

Probably have a dead sensor. If you have a bi-directional scan tool like the dealer you can see what the internal codes are which will tell you the problem. If they are all the same age, replace them all at once. Get a Tech-2.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the non-replaceable battery in the sensors only last so long then you have to replace the sensor, has nothing to do with the dealer, any half-ass tire shop can sell you and install a sensor that will work I usually get them to do it for $50 (per wheel) installed and programmed "cash"

OP
OP
pt1965

pt1965

Reaction score
Probably have a dead sensor. If you have a bi-directional scan tool like the dealer you can see what the internal codes are which will tell you the problem. If they are all the same age, replace them all at once. Get a Tech-2.
i'm fine with replacing all 4 sensors as long as their isnt some other underlying problem. after searching thru all the tpms forums their seems to be alot of hands thrown up and just having to live with the yellow light! so, do you think the 'no horn' signal on the front left means thats the bad one? it may be a coincidence but my son's cadillac is doing the same exact thing.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your sensors are likely 10 years old and need replacing. Mine would do that when one started to go (light on light off). Try not to over-think it. Get 4 and call it done.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've received solid advice on replacing those sensors. I had the same situation (front left TPMS would not respond) when I purchased my new-to-me 07 Yukon XL Denali, and I had that one sensor replaced. So far, I've had no other TPMS issues.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Switch the front left wheel with the rear left wheel and see if the first three will reset. If the fourth one won't, then you have your answer. Of course, one or more of the other sensors may be dead, too.

OP
OP
pt1965

pt1965

Reaction score
Switch the front left wheel with the rear left wheel and see if the first three will reset. If the fourth one won't, then you have your answer. Of course, one or more of the other sensors may be dead, too.
thats worth trying to make sure something screwy isnt going on!

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had all 4 of my 2008 Tahoe's sensors replaced this at this Fall's tire replacement. One had been erratic for months and then just quit. They outlived their life expectancy being 12 years old. I didn't want to be bothered having the other tires removed to replace the others when they inevitably failed sooner than later. I'm glad I did it once and for all and got that nagging issue off my mind and out of sight. That DIC display can be a PIA.

I tend to replace things in a preventative timing so I get to enjoy the better part of of the new parts life rather than someone else who might own the vehicle a bit later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse

Latest posts