2008 tahoe ltz auto dim mirror help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pnap88p

Reaction score
all of a sudden after 2 years of ownership the rear mirror and driver mirros decided to be dim all the time i think. no one was behind me to make this occur trying to make some tests in my driveway make me think it is mis functioning. what parts can i swap or what options are there about this. i do know i can hold the power button for 6 seconds on the mirror and it will turn off the free indicator light and it will be disengaged, but to do that every time is annoying. also i do like for it to work. any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
P

pnap88p

Reaction score
yes it happens in the day time. any time tee car went on. but i figured it out. my girlfriend was driving my car one day and took her hair tie of and put it around the mirror not covering the mirror side secspr. than i was driving and it fell off put it back around the mirror when i parked and i covered the censor on the windshield facing side and didn't know i was covering the censor on that side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24