2008 tahoe 5.3l afm/dod delete issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little more info from me trying to figure stuff. I put my small little scanner on the truck and started looking if the O2 sensors were working right.
The front O2 sensors(B1S1 and B2S1)were registering values, but the back O2 sensors(B1S2 and B2S2) were not registering anything all zeros.
Zero point zero zero zero or less may mean something, but
rear O2 sensors typically read UNDER 300mV, except possibly during WOT-PE or Cat Protect.

OP
OP
N

Nickct203

Reaction score
Zero point zero zero zero or less may mean something, but
rear O2 sensors typically read UNDER 300mV, except possibly during WOT-PE or Cat Protect.
These were the values for both bank 1 and 2 cat and O2 sensors b1s2 b2s2

Attachments

• 20240501_103948.jpg
    20240501_103948.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240501_103917.jpg
    20240501_103917.jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 2

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
statue of both is OK.

the rear o2s are after the cat, as said about if the cat is working they should be very slow to basically nothing. if they cycle like the fronts, you have bad cats.

most likely but you're issue, but could become an issue if you run it to long with a dead miss. can plug up the cats.

Get that ecm flashed and go from there?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
1st thing that concerns me is the new o2 sensors went in and all went to hell in a hand basket.

Unless he got the o2 sensors from AZ, O’Rileys, etc it sounds like he got a budget and / or counterfeit set.

Try putting the old o2 sensors back in and keep an open mind about other parts.

OP
OP
N

Nickct203

Reaction score
1st thing that concerns me is the new o2 sensors went in and all went to hell in a hand basket.

Unless he got the o2 sensors from AZ, O’Rileys, etc it sounds like he got a budget and / or counterfeit set.

Try putting the old o2 sensors back in and keep an open mind about other parts.
Bosch O2 sensors from advance. The ecm was flashed. With the removal of the afm. I don't gave anyone local that I've been able to find that can do it. I had to get the 1 I have from Vegas. The truck under a load runs great, it's at idle and low speeds it sucks.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
K, good. Sounds like a T/b or ignition (wires, coil or plug) issue without a tech2 to look into its soul.

OP
OP
N

Nickct203

Reaction score
K, good. Sounds like a T/b or ignition (wires, coil or plug) issue without a tech2 to look into its soul.
Wires and plugs r brand new. Coils have around 15k on them. It sucks when I don't have a scanner that I can actively look at what's going on in it. If I can't get thus thing running by Friday I'm ordering the stock afm cam and putting it back together stock. That's the it was originally supposed to be. My buddy took it upon himself to spend 900 on this freaking kit.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have the original ecm?

if so, send it here for 50$ and have him delete afm/vvt.

tons of people use these delete kits most don't have a problem. your friend did the most common thing. most don't try and fix the afm stuff because it will fail again not if but when and usually sooner than the first time.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wires and plugs r brand new. Coils have around 15k on them. It sucks when I don't have a scanner that I can actively look at what's going on in it. If I can't get thus thing running by Friday I'm ordering the stock afm cam and putting it back together stock. That's the it was originally supposed to be. My buddy took it upon himself to spend 900 on this freaking kit.
I understand why you’re upset but your buddy tried to do the right thing, in my opinion. So I hope you can forgive him.

If you’re anywhere near Richmond, VA, I have HPTuners and could disable VVT for you.

OP
OP
N

Nickct203

Reaction score
I understand why you’re upset but your buddy tried to do the right thing, in my opinion. So I hope you can forgive him.

If you’re anywhere near Richmond, VA, I have HPTuners and could disable VVT for you.
Unfortunately I'm in CT where if it's not a fast ass car or a diesel no one will touch it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny