2008 Escalade or 2011 Tahoe ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

playadude

Reaction score

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
I would go with the Tahoe. All the bells, whistles, gadgets, hoses, seals and gaskets on the Esky are five years older.
Just a matter of practicality.

PWMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on the escalade? The escalade will have the 6.2 which could make going up the mountains easier but worse mpg. I chose a denali because it had 6.2.

OP
OP
playadude

playadude

Reaction score
Escalade has 110,00 miles, Tahoe has 110,00 so close it seams like a coincidence !

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless either is exactly what you are looking for, I would keep looking. Also, unless you are miserable at negotiating, those prices are OBO. Even if you are terrible at negotiating, those prices are still OBO.

The difference between the two are 6.2l, AWD, a "higher" trim level, verses 5.3L, selectable 4wd and a newer vehicle.

Of the two, I would prefer the Tahoe. It is newer. White is an easier color to care for, I've spent hours detailing a black car only to have it covered in pollen 15 minutes after I've finished. On an SUV, I prefer a selectable 4wd, and the auto feature on the transfer case allows an option similar to AWD (identical to what some manufacturers are passing as AWD).

OP
OP
playadude

playadude

Reaction score
Unless either is exactly what you are looking for, I would keep looking. Also, unless you are miserable at negotiating, those prices are OBO. Even if you are terrible at negotiating, those prices are still OBO.

The difference between the two are 6.2l, AWD, a "higher" trim level, verses 5.3L, selectable 4wd and a newer vehicle.

Of the two, I would prefer the Tahoe. It is newer. White is an easier color to care for, I've spent hours detailing a black car only to have it covered in pollen 15 minutes after I've finished. On an SUV, I prefer a selectable 4wd, and the auto feature on the transfer case allows an option similar to AWD (identical to what some manufacturers are passing as AWD).

OP
OP
playadude

playadude

Reaction score
Thank you, yes I'd much rather be able to switch to 2WD, I forgot about that difference.

Thanks guys ! This has been super helpful to me.

Really appreciate it !

OP
OP
playadude

playadude

Reaction score
I bought the Tahoe guys, it's 111k miles, ZR71 package, has captain chairs in the second row with Bose Sound system. I love how it drives. Thank you so much for your help !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645