2007 Yukon, A/C snowflake blinking after fixing leak and trying to recharge system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cheeverm1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a 2007 GMC yukon XL SLT 1500 with rear A/C. Right rear tire tread became separated and whipped around in the wheel well. In doing so it must have hit the rear A/C hose. This caused a leak that emptied the system.

What i have done: unbolted the rear hose....replaced the gaskets on the two hoses and reseated/reconnected it. I then hooked up gauges to the low/high side and evacuated the system and made sure that the leak was fixed. All good. Closed off the high side, started car, hooked up a can of freon to the low side and began to add. All good. I go to hit the A/C snowflake and it blinks three times.

I'm not sure what to do now. I expected the compressor to kick on and begin taking in coolant. I have looked around and seen suggestions like disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes (which i also tried with no luck). Any one out there with any help is greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j