2007 Tahoe. Feels like Ebrake on or Rotor Collapsed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SherylInKS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been having issues with Traction Control and Stabilizer Warnings on dash. an AZ guy asked me what else beside the Traction Control and Stabilizer lights coming on is an issue. I TOLD HIM the brakes need done and it feels like The "ebrake is sorta on or it has a collapsed rotor". It is not Road Drivable .... just been able to move it around in the driveway. HE SAID sounds like You more than likely have your bake pad jammed between you caliper and rotor. I asked him and he is a mechanic in AZ and also works on his own stuff. We HAVE CHANGED ALL the other stuff that is suggested to fix Warnings (in the last 6 months) and nothing has changed. So thoughts on >>> HE SAID sounds like You more than likely have your bake pad jammed between you caliper and rotor. TIA.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trucks have an actual e brake shoe inside the rear drum on each side. Jack it up and spin the rear wheels by hand. Do they spin freely? Is there any grinding noises? Repeat on front end.

Your other option is to remove the wheels and visually inspect the brakes. Pads don't just get jammed up......they can get cocked sideways from frozen slides, ****** aftermarket pads that don't fit well, or a frozen caliper piston. They all should look to be the same thickness if they are moving correctly in their mounts.

The ABS lights could be a bad computer or a bad wheel speed sensor tripping things up. You could try unplugging the abs unit and see if it feels the same while driving. You will still have base brakes, just not anti-lock.

OP
OP
S

SherylInKS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS but it was stuck, yes STUCK in 4WL. I found a cheat on the internet and it worked. It did/does have to do with the Traction Control Service Light / Stabilizer Service Light ........ CHEAT: start vehicle. put it in neutral. change swtitch to 4WL and let it "sync". switch to 4WH and let it "sync" and the down to 2W. Ta Da! It worked! I am driving again. YAY!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the solution to your issue. Our collective knowledge base has been increased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen