2007 Tahoe 5.3 swap to 2007 escalade 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

juggernaut201

Reaction score
Its about uniqueness but this is flirting with stupidity there just such a big margin for error but hell if that's the route u wanna take it go for it I jus feel its such a waste of money ... Supercharge it IMO

06whitess

Reaction score
The 6L80 has 2 options..... 4WD/AWD, and 2WD.... The 4WD and AWD's only difference is the T case. An AWD vehicle has no selector switch on the mechanical AWD setups like GM runs. The 4WD has a selectable T case. The transmissions knows no difference between AWD and 4WD. The difference between the 2WD and 4/AWD trans is the output.

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow

this is just stupid... either super charge it and add 180 HP

or sell both and find the rare 2009 Tahoe with the 6.2L factory.

Waste of time and money.

Fun, yes, smart, no.

I looked at putting the 4.0L in my old wrangler (from my 2.5L) it was cheaper / easier to just sell my jeep and buy one with the right engine in it.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think calling it "stupid" is a little strong. When it comes to modding any vehicle each has their own preferences and things that they want to do. Maybe it's something that YOU wouldn't do but doesn't mean that it's automatically "stupid" for someone else to tackle it. Like you said, a 6.2 L Tahoe is extremely rare. How do you get around that? By taking your 5.3 L Tahoe, finding a 6.2 L in a crashed Esky and put that in your current Tahoe. It's magic. That's like saying it's stupid for someone to put a 5.3 L or 6.0 in an OBS rig! Is it "stupid" cuz it's a "waste of money" or is "stupid" only cuz you wouldn't tackle it yourself???

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no

Perhaps stupid is the wrong word, how about:

'Ill-advised'.

I wish the person doing the best of luck, and look forward to lots of photos, a detailed list of the parts needed, the cost of each, and a good set of instructions that include a summary on if the project was 'worth it'.

By no means should you not attempt it if you have the parts laying around, the time, and skills.

However the correct choice would be either:

1. Super charger
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.a...rgers&partfamilyid=21126&x=50656&scid=FROOGLE
2. Tahoe with 6.2L
http://www.oneillschevroletbuick.co...let-Tahoe-4_Wheel_Drive_LTZ-Avon-CT/918885993
3. 6.2L Esky. <-- my vote.

I've seen many projects like this between Jeeps, PWC, Boats, cars, and houses. Where the idea is great and or novel, but the execution is much, much more difficult than anyone plans for, and they end up regreting even starting it.

From trying to swap an engine, to suspension, to drive system, you have to look at the pros / cons of every possibility.

I can't see how this would be a good project to tackle.

Now if you want to do something novel, I believe GM has a 7.2L that could be adapted. THAT would be a worthy project. Something new, never done, etc. But what you would be doing here is just creating something that you can go to a lot and find.

Last edited:

06whitess

Reaction score
Perhaps stupid is the wrong word, how about:

'Ill-advised'.

I wish the person doing the best of luck, and look forward to lots of photos, a detailed list of the parts needed, the cost of each, and a good set of instructions that include a summary on if the project was 'worth it'.

By no means should you not attempt it if you have the parts laying around, the time, and skills.

However the correct choice would be either:

1. Super charger
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.a...rgers&partfamilyid=21126&x=50656&scid=FROOGLE
2. Tahoe with 6.2L
http://www.oneillschevroletbuick.co...let-Tahoe-4_Wheel_Drive_LTZ-Avon-CT/918885993
3. 6.2L Esky. <-- my vote.

I've seen many projects like this between Jeeps, PWC, Boats, cars, and houses. Where the idea is great and or novel, but the execution is much, much more difficult than anyone plans for, and they end up regreting even starting it.

From trying to swap an engine, to suspension, to drive system, you have to look at the pros / cons of every possibility.

I can't see how this would be a good project to tackle.

Now if you want to do something novel, I believe GM has a 7.2L that could be adapted. THAT would be a worthy project. Something new, never done, etc. But what you would be doing here is just creating something that you can go to a lot and find.

I bought my TBSS from that dealership. I highly recommend Fred Misterka, if he still works there, as he is an awesome Salesman!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n