2007 Sub trailer running light problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpd4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all - 1st post, but I've been lurking a while!

My sub (2007 5.3L) keeps blowing the fuse for the trailer running lights. The dealer, of course, says it's my trailer that's doing it. No way all four of my trailers and every one I borrow is wired incorrectly! I had to replace the whole fuse block under the hood a couple years ago because the high beams would not shut off...ever...and that relay is built in to the fuse block. The problem was there before I replaced it and is still there with the new one.

Am I best off to try to trace the wire all the way back and run a new one? I'm hoping this is a common problem and there's an easy fix - but I'm not that lucky!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
More info...

Is this on the 7 pin connector?

Does it happen the moment it is plugged in or not until you turn on your parking lights?

OP
OP
G

gpd4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It has the 7-pin connector. If I change the fuse, the lights will turn on briefly, but it blows very shortly. I will try to put one in this afternoon and pay closer attention to it - I have a couple of trailers here I can back up to.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check inside that 7 way connect, it plugs in from the back too, maybe the pins are corroded or slightly bent causing a shrt....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yukon DRL