2007 Avalanche Hardwire Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin Hawkins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First post...my apologies if this is easily found elsewhere. I searched and read numerous threads, but could not find an answer that referred to my vehicle.

I am installing a dash cam and want it to be powered on only with the ignition.

Here is my diagram: http://www.autogenius.info/gmc-yukon-2007-fuse-box-diagram/

I have a multimeter and I checked a few fuses today, but figured I'd come here for a quick answer.

I thought I could use the Rear Wiper fuse, but when checked, it was "hot" when the ignition was off! I don't even have a rear wiper!! It's an Avalanche!!

Can you guys point me in the right direction?

OP
OP
Justin Hawkins

Justin Hawkins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Chuck_Finley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to go to the kick panel by the driver door relay box and make a custom pin to get ignition switched power for my Tahoe dashcam. I did not find any switched fuses inside the door like every other car I’ve owned. There is good ground down there too, my thread is somewhere in the electronics section, you may find it useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Justin Hawkins

Justin Hawkins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm reading that everything in the interior fuse box is "always on". I'm also reading that right by the driver kick panel down below is a distribution box, which has acc/constant and ground outlet. I guess the micro fuse tap I bought is worthless to me now. I found this 10 year old thread and the photos are missing now (old links).

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,74956.0.html

Can anyone help with new pics? Chuck_Finley?

OptCodeVoid

Reaction score
I spliced mine into the overhead console wiring, pre-fused, switched power and a ground up there. I forget which wires I used, I think it was power for the rear view mirror (even if yours isn't powered the wires are still there). Just use some splice connectors and you should be good to go, no need to add another fuse since that wire will be fuse already.

This should be pretty close to what you are looking for for switched power.
Mirror Power.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo