2005 Tahoe fuel gauge showing empty.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wides

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Tahoe wont start. can hear the fuel pump start up and have 60psi so pump is working. gas gauge shows empty and fuel light is on . will start for 2 to 3 sec. put more gas in . tried starter fluid in the intake. I'm out of ideas. anyone have any?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They way you make it sound is though you are actually out of gas... Do you know how much is in your tank?

OP
OP
W

wides

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found the problem a mouse or squirrel was eating the wires and the anti thief was thinking someone was hotwiring it . o computer shut down the gas. put wires back together and shows full tank of gas runs awesome again.

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
I found the problem a mouse or squirrel was eating the wires and the anti thief was thinking someone was hotwiring it . o computer shut down the gas. put wires back together and shows full tank of gas runs awesome again.

WTF?! Why you got rats chewin stuff? Lol

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes now that yer mechanical problem is fixed id like to go back to the subject that was glossed over. okay so you got rodents in your car chewing on wires? were do you live up in some hollar in appalachia or maybe wyoming. sorry rodents chewing on wire inside the dash of a 2005 tahoe sounds a little unlikely unless of course you caught one of these pesky buggers red handed you gotta picture of this chewed on wire? is it out of the realm of possibilitys that someone did infact attempt to hotwire it or maybe you had a short somewhere wich caused these wires to overheat and the sheeth melted

Last edited:

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 5 Acres in east texas, mostly fields, that surround my property. I have had field mice eat wiring out of my mower and my atv when i left them outside. Just and FYI :)

justinlw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See, what had happened was....

I think he was really out of gas, and just doesn't want to admit. Or it was a chupacabra.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted