2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XL04

Reaction score
Not sure if you figured your lighting issue out but I did do the retrofit.

I went with brackets from CBD and Morimoto MH1 7.0 projectors. They bolt right to the back and give great output.

Ton of usable light. The whole thing I did myself and it was right around $300 with projectors, bulbs, ballasts, wiring harness, silicone and brackets. And took me about 2 hours to swap projectors, lay out the harness and adjust the lights.

And it looks factory.

View attachment 210272 View attachment 210273 View attachment 210274 View attachment 210275 View attachment 210276

Bombsquad85 could you please post a picture of your light output on a dark road? I just got a set of spyder c bar and went with morimoto 35w hid and iim not happy with the output. I'm considering doing the denali retro with the cb&d brackets and the mh1s. Here is my output on the highway.

20190118_174157.jpg

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bombsquad85 could you please post a picture of your light output on a dark road? I just got a set of spyder c bar and went with morimoto 35w hid and iim not happy with the output. I'm considering doing the denali retro with the cb&d brackets and the mh1s. Here is my output on the highway.

View attachment 214523

I'll see what I can do but by time i leave work this morning itll be bright out. I have this from not long ago

20181127_172249.jpg

XL04

Reaction score
I'll see what I can do but by time i leave work this morning itll be bright out. I have this from not long ago

View attachment 214530
Thank you and that is so much better than mine. Sorry op for hijacking your thread at least you can maybe learn from my mistake and not go with spyder if you're going for light output!

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you and that is so much better than mine. Sorry op for hijacking your thread at least you can maybe learn from my mistake and not go with spyder if you're going for light output!

If you like the way they look on the truck retro them. Take a look at how the projector is mounted in the rear and it it looks like stock then the brackets should work. I know they do on the Anzo headlights.

XL04

Reaction score
If you like the way they look on the truck retro them. Take a look at how the projector is mounted in the rear and it it looks like stock then the brackets should work. I know they do on the Anzo headlights.
When I first got them I threw one in the oven to see if that spyder quick retro would work from TRS. The mount for this particular spyder headlight is different. I thought about retroing them but if I mess them up I'm out over $200. I just posted them for sale today to use the money for some OEM Denali headlights for a great price and get some mini h1 projectors, bulbs, and adapter brackets. I think it might be a fairly easy retro but not as easy as OEM Denalis.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first got them I threw one in the oven to see if that spyder quick retro would work from TRS. The mount for this particular spyder headlight is different. I thought about retroing them but if I mess them up I'm out over $200. I just posted them for sale today to use the money for some OEM Denali headlights for a great price and get some mini h1 projectors, bulbs, and adapter brackets. I think it might be a fairly easy retro but not as easy as OEM Denalis.
Picture of the back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz