2005 escalade esv with 6.0 and only 30psi fuel pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

VikingTrad3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've fought aftermarket pump modules before and ended up either notching the plastic a hair to let the ring turn all the way or swapping the bulkheads with the factory one (if the rods line up) or swapping the new pump and strainer into the original module. I also test the level sensor since those fingers were known to make intermittent contact with the rheostat (?) and cause an erratic fuel gauge.

what do u mean about notching the plastic?
i just ordered two lock ring tools hoping one would work.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do u mean about notching the plastic?
i just ordered two lock ring tools hoping one would work.

The cheap aftermarket one ( I don't recall the brand- it's been years and I've used a few different ones) wouldn't let the ring rotate enough for the barb lock to fall into the notch. Really, I think the notch was just formed a few degrees off. On that one, I was able to make the notch a little bigger with a Dremel so the lock barb would snap into it.

Maybe you're speaking of a different issue? Maybe you can trim a locking tab on the ring itself? Just guessing cuz I don't know exactly what your issue is.

OP
OP
V

VikingTrad3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the escalade esv 2005 and the denali xl i dont think there is a plastic locking tab.

im aware of the one you are speaking of.

maybe its there and im not seeing it?

just checked. they dont have it.

OP
OP
V

VikingTrad3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, i could NOT get the lock ring on using the access panel method due to strike angle in the 8x8" hole i cut being too steep.

ordered lisle 63000 tool still wouldn't budge into the detents. won't go under the first crimp.

tried original pump, wouldn't go.

filed down the ridges on the lock ring that slides under the first detent. went' real slow, eventually slid in using that lisle fuel tank lock ring tool. i did have to modify the tool to work well for me.

so, all is well.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, i could NOT get the lock ring on using the access panel method due to strike angle in the 8x8" hole i cut being too steep.

ordered lisle 63000 tool still wouldn't budge into the detents. won't go under the first crimp.

tried original pump, wouldn't go.

filed down the ridges on the lock ring that slides under the first detent. went' real slow, eventually slid in using that lisle fuel tank lock ring tool. i did have to modify the tool to work well for me.

so, all is well.

All is well with the fuel pump or all is well with everything? Running better, no codes, exhaust smells normal, etc.?

OP
OP
V

VikingTrad3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no codes. no more lean issue. exhaust smells normal. running smooth. problem solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
microfoxdev