2004 Z71 Tahoe TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04BlackTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently had new original style wheels put on along with new tires, however since then I have had the "Service Tire Monitor" message pop up on the dash for a few seconds and then turn off. Sometimes it will come on 3-4 times while doing my 30 minute drive to work, some days it will not come on at all. I took my truck to 3 garages to have them look at it, one was the dealer where I originally bought it. They can't find anything wrong and nothing in the fault code history.
The monitors had new batteries installed when I had the wheels and tires installed. Since this day in May this message has randomly came up.

Has anyone else had this issue? Anyone have a fix for it?

Thanks to all who reply.

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone program the new sensors to your truck? The process is pretty simple. For mine, if memory serves, I just had to turn the ignition to on, turn the headlight switch on and off 4 times until the horn honked twice to indicate it was in programming mode, then go to the front driver tire and let out enough air until the horn honked, then do the same for the front passenger tire, then the rear passenger tire, and finally the rear driver tire. After this, turn the car off, air the tires back up to the correct pressure, and you should be set.

OP
OP
04BlackTahoe

04BlackTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks I will give that a try.

Did anyone program the new sensors to your truck? The process is pretty simple. For mine, if memory serves, I just had to turn the ignition to on, turn the headlight switch on and off 4 times until the horn honked twice to indicate it was in programming mode, then go to the front driver tire and let out enough air until the horn honked, then do the same for the front passenger tire, then the rear passenger tire, and finally the rear driver tire. After this, turn the car off, air the tires back up to the correct pressure, and you should be set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645