2001 Yukon New head unit with factory sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junior_22g

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

I want to replace the stereo in my 2001 Yukon non Bose system with OnStar.
Is there a head unit that I can get that will still use the factory subwoofer in the back?
I've been doing some research on this and I'm not finding any info on that. I also read about hooking up the pink wire to the blue wire during the install so the factory amp gets power, but nothing on a head unit with an extra channel for the factory subwoofer.

I have to replace all my speakers including the sub because they all sound like a dying moose when I turn up my radio.
My cd player in the factory head unit does not work either.

I dont really want to spend money on an amp and the install right now because we are moving to Florida in about a month.

There is NO WAY I can drive from North Jersey to Florida with this stereo sounding the way it does!

Thanks for the help everyone!

RachelJWalker

Reaction score
I went with a double din Pioneer with the harness from the stereo shop and had no problems I have since then replaced the sub added an amp for the sub and added an amp for the front 4 speakers. Basically there are many options for you to go with.Hope this helps good luck on your move

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali