2001 yukon a/c issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamesboss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm having an issue with my ac in my yukon. The rear blows cool air and the front does not. Its actually quite warm. Took the blend door actuator off under the passenger kick door and manually turned it and it still wasn't cool just really hot then when I switched it it was the same as usual. I replaced the very disgusting a/c filters with zero difference in a/c performance. I checked the freon pressure and it was in the green and when the a/c cycled on it went up into the red a bit so it seems its possibly overcharged but I don't think that's the issue as the rear does blow air conditioned air. Is there another blend door perhaps or is it maybe some sort of climate control issue? Any help is much appreciated

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the actuator you're looking for is the one closer to the center, at the bottom of the dash.

OP
OP
J

Jamesboss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's the one I took off and manually turned, passenger side kickpanel tucked up near the center console correct?

OP
OP
J

Jamesboss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know location (if there is one) of a blend door to the rear?

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

I'm also seeing others with similar issues talking abour plugged orifice tube and large amounts of debris in evaporator box. The evaporator box is where the in cabin filters are though right?I cleaned that clog out already if thats the case. Appologies for the persistance people its been consistantly 108 here and my commute is terrible!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork