2001 tahoe still wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronlabarre

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my 2001 tahoe cranks over and sounds like it wants start. Ive tried the alarm reset, 3x the turn the key to the start position for 10 mins,then turn off for 10 secnds and repeat 4x I did. replaced the starter, just put in a newer steering column,with a key and fob, tryied pulling the NEG battery cable off and connecting the positive to the negative cable for 10mins..same thing just creanks ovso any othe3r advicw before i blow the F..... up

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please give us more information. Why was the steering column replaced? Did the truck run fine before? Or did you just buy it and don't know anything about it?

You HAVE to start with the basics. Do you have:
1. Fuel? Pressure up to specs?
2. Spark? Any cylinders not getting spark?
3. Air? Filter, MAF and air inlet tube okay?
4. Compression? Compression test.

Why someone would replace a starter if they state the vehicle cranks and turns over always boggs my mind!

D -money

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please give us more information. Why was the steering column replaced? Did the truck run fine before? Or did you just buy it and don't know anything about it?

You HAVE to start with the basics. Do you have:
1. Fuel? Pressure up to specs?
2. Spark? Any cylinders not getting spark?
3. Air? Filter, MAF and air inlet tube okay?
4. Compression? Compression test.

Why someone would replace a starter if they state the vehicle cranks and turns over always boggs my mind!
Ditto 3c's triangle( kiss) method, compression,current,combustion . You will get ur goin if you follow basics. Keep cool

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Myself and others have preached here about the "basics first", especially when you come along a no start problem. Gotta have good compression. Gotta have good spark. Gotta have fuel pressure. Gotta have good air flow to mix with the fuel. You said it sounds like it wants to start and then for some reason replaced the starter. You have literally fired the "parts cannon" at this truck. Slow down and think it thru and go thru the basics.

By the way, welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Hell, I don't see a cam or crank sensor out of that parts cannon yet.

Even the you tube videos will walk you thru some diagnostic procedures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork