2000 OBS Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YoungSimba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals ( if any ). I've had my z71 for about 2 months now and I need brakes and rotors. The issue I'm running into is that the websites I visit don't brake it down far enough for me to know which parts to buy. Should I buy for a 99 to avoid getting to new of a part? If it does say OBS it ask with or without police package? What is the difference here? Is that for the limited only? I have front disc rear drums. Also any recommendations? I heard EBC is great. Might do some towing on occasion. I live in the north west so there are lots of mountains hills and non driving individuals. All info is greatly appreciated.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals ( if any ). I've had my z71 for about 2 months now and I need brakes and rotors. The issue I'm running into is that the websites I visit don't brake it down far enough for me to know which parts to buy. Should I buy for a 99 to avoid getting to new of a part? If it does say OBS it ask with or without police package? What is the difference here? Is that for the limited only? I have front disc rear drums. Also any recommendations? I heard EBC is great. Might do some towing on occasion. I live in the north west so there are lots of mountains hills and non driving individuals. All info is greatly appreciated.
I know for my 98 Yukon it has the police package which are the 11in drums, from what I understand that is for the 4wd trucks, the other is a 10in drum, it's only an inch difference but a huge difference in the size of the shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Y

YoungSimba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know for my 98 Yukon it has the police package which are the 11in drums, from what I understand that is for the 4wd trucks, the other is a 10in drum, it's only an inch difference but a huge difference in the size of the shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I failed too mention my z71 is a 2000 so it is the transition year. Which is why I asked I should buy parts for a 99 to avoid too new of a part for the newer body styles. Thanks for the info on the police package. I didn't know that.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will need OBS or (99) parts I would even say your safe with 98 parts as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn