2000 NBS Blue Steel Burban Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks bud, it’s gonna get a little taller with bigger tires and the 1.5” BL but it’s really not that bad to daily.

I used a RedHead box. They didn’t have the exact part listed on their website. I sent them an email asking for a list of the boxes available for my year, make, and model. I got an email back with a list that included, the original replacement box(which is what I got) and some 2500/3500 box options that fit the 1500. I went with the 1500 direct replacement unit which is a 3 turn unit and plan to upgrade to the 2500 4 turn unit if this one doesn’t hold up to the lift and bigger tires. So far it is working perfectly and I am more than happy with the way t he steering feels but I have only been driving it for a couple weeks now. More time will be needed to really report on how well it will hold up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hate I didn't see this before replacing mine. I put an A.c. Delco one on, but looked at Redhead. I couldn't find one for my truck and gave up. I really wanted one of their HD units. Time will tell how it holds up. I assume the 4 turn 3500 unit is gonna take more steering input to move the wheels. I would like to have seen the 1500 unit just to compare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate I didn't see this before replacing mine. I put an A.c. Delco one on, but looked at Redhead. I couldn't find one for my truck and gave up. I really wanted one of their HD units. Time will tell how it holds up. I assume the 4 turn 3500 unit is gonna take more steering input to move the wheels. I would like to have seen the 1500 unit just to compare.

You are correct, the 4 turn will require more input for normal driving. I would not recommend a 4 turn to anyone unless they have very big tires. Driving in a straight line would require much more attention and effort, and all it would do is reduce wear and tear on steering components. In the end it would be a lot stronger but it would actually be harder to drive.

Also the 2500/3500 steering boxes from Redhead cost more and have a higher core charge. The way it worked out was I would only get half the core charge back if I sent in a 1500 box back for a 2500/3500 box. So that automatically raised the price like $150 bucks on top of the HD boxes cost more upfront already.

I can probably find pics or take pics of the one I have, but honestly it’s the stock box with the top painted red. Not much to look at.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. They look similar to those Cragers, 8's I think. Are they 20's?

Not on 16"tires lol.

Need 18s to leave room for a gmt900 brake upgrade.

You guys are messin with me right? It clearly states 16” wheels and 36” tires lol

I already have slotted and drilled rotors, high performance pads, and braided stainless steel brake lines. It stops fast enough as is.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Not on 16"tires lol.

Need 18s to leave room for a gmt900 brake upgrade.

You guys are messin with me right? It clearly states 16” wheels and 36” tires lol

I already have slotted and drilled rotors, high performance pads, and braided stainless steel brake lines. It stops fast enough as is.
Lol, I read through it too quick and actually didn't catch that. My bad yo:p.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You taking this thing to monster jam.......?
Lol, my exwife, right before i left her, got me tickets and we went...she was trying to be interested in stuff i liked at the time....because she knew i was almost gone... anyway... good time... stunk like exhaust by the time we left...loved it....not her...it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts