2 wheel drive lift ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Ok so my wife has a 2002 Tahoe that rear wheel drive she wants to lift it we have some property so mine being lowered is kinda outta the question to get around out there. But I was thinking about a 3" suspension lift. What are the pros and cons? Also same with a 6" kit and what are the largest tires I can run with a 6" lift , what are the largest tires I can run with a 3" lift it has 20X9 wheels. ( safely ) Thanks guys

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at Rough Country and see what kind of lifts and leveling kits they offer. They also list the tire size you can run with each of their lifts. This should get everything you are looking for.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought you were going with a newer hummer or suburban?

as for the lift yea I would look into RC

Not sure on tire clearance issues for the NBS

OP
OP
Z-56 Hoe

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
We are not getting ride of the other Tahoe's tho. I'll park mine expect for going to go to car shows and cursing and drive one of the others it just depends we had up until recently three Tahoe's, a explore and a grad marquis so yeah got rid of the exploder and need the mercury is about to go to I think. She has wanted to lift the 2002 Tahoe since day one unless it stayed completely stock and she knew that wouldn't happen! The wheels we both have are a positive +25 offset and she wants to keep them so thought about a 2" level lift and a 3" body life and some 33's what do you think

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are not getting ride of the other Tahoe's tho. I'll park mine expect for going to go to car shows and cursing and drive one of the others it just depends we had up until recently three Tahoe's, a explore and a grad marquis so yeah got rid of the exploder and need the mercury is about to go to I think. She has wanted to lift the 2002 Tahoe since day one unless it stayed completely stock and she knew that wouldn't happen! The wheels we both have are a positive +25 offset and she wants to keep them so thought about a 2" level lift and a 3" body life and some 33's what do you think

Not a fan of body lifts. Personally, I would do a RC leveling kit with a 305/70/16 tire. You could even swap the 3/4 poly spacers the RC kit comes with for a set of aluminum 1" spacers.

OP
OP
Z-56 Hoe

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Well I am now looking for a Z-71 Suburban 2001-2006 to buy and lift for her she even likes the tire gate company's hitch gate. Either that or a 4X4 7.3 L ford excursion to lift she wants 20" wheels with 35" Toyo A/T's the amp research steps and intake exhaust gears and a tune. Or if diesel a programer so I'm gonna do my best to make her happy and get a play toy outta it too. We want a pewter / silver Berchtesgaden metlic color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts