1999 Tahoe - A Couple of Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the lights for my 4x4 switch go on and off too, mainly just the 2WD one since that's what it's in 90% of the time. i wouldn't worry about it, and randomly hitting the 2WD to make sure you're in that mode already won't hurt it.

and yes i noticed my DRL are basically the same as my low beams too, but it don't matter to me. i still have to turn on my headlight switch to see my guages at night.

basically, don't worry about those first two "issues" you have - they're nothing, really.
be glad you don't have a hard starting and highway wobble like i do ;-)
and just enjoy your truck ^_^

BWdiver

Reaction score
A bad switch can cause you problems like mine, (see my thread in this forum; 4 wheel drive not working).

long story short is that my switch started shorting out and engage the front diff without me hitting the switch!. and at 50MPH thats not good. it's better to replace than to destroy a front locker.

part is about 60.00 bucks. But make sure it's not the actuator. I know you said you can hear it lock but make sure it's not the one on the transfercase locking that you hear.
if the TC locks it will still give you the gear reduction like your in 4 wheel drive but the front diff will not be locked, to check pull out on the hard top and do a full circle turn if it bucks it's in 4x4 and locked.

OP
OP
C

cqlink

Reaction score
Thanks...I'll check it out.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Forgot to ask....how does the switch come out? can I slide something behind it and wiggle it out in front of the dash or do I have to get behind the dash (looks like a major PITA).

BWdiver

Reaction score
Thanks...I'll check it out.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Forgot to ask....how does the switch come out? can I slide something behind it and wiggle it out in front of the dash or do I have to get behind the dash (looks like a major PITA).

It's rather easy actually, I answerd your question in the new thread you opened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihtblzr