1998 Yukon blowing transfer case fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justinyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 1998 Yukon keeps blowing the transfer case fuse. When the fuse is replaced it does not blow until put into drive. Does not blow when put in reverse. I have tested the actuator and seems to be engaging and disengaging freely. Have also changed the 4x4 switch. Any ideas on where to start. Two feet of snow outside and I can't move

RedCrush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue except i can change the fuse off road for a little than it blows, i need t resolve it. I installed a new front diff actuator and problem still persisted. I think we both may have a short. I am going to get down there and look for scaved wires all around the trans and transfer case. That is where I would start.

OP
OP
J

Justinyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The transfer case fuse. #2 in the fuse panel. The 4wd fuse does not blow

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if you move the key just far enough to unlock the trans gear selector can you move it down to drive with everything else shut down and does it still blow? and what key position did it work in? on notch from forward? i'm trying to dertimine if the motor or brake control circuit is at fault.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

btw the system you have is the nv246 auto-trac system. always use autotrac2 fluid in the tcase.

Johnny G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if you move the key just far enough to unlock the trans gear selector can you move it down to drive with everything else shut down and does it still blow? and what key position did it work in? on notch from forward? i'm trying to dertimine if the motor or brake control circuit is at fault.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

btw the system you have is the nv246 auto-trac system. always use autotrac2 fluid in the tcase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
07blackhoe

Latest posts