165 miles and I got a service 4WD message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goliathsc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This whole 4wd debacle is why I chose to just go with 2wd, as I didn't want to have headaches down the road.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayBanks9<br />
My wife backed out of the driveway yesterday and service 4 wd message appeared. She called and thought the parking brake was on. We've had ours in 2wd the entire time. Anyone else had it with just using 2wd? Bought the car out of state and called a local dealer who said they havent heard of the issue in the new models. Should I avoid them for repairs or just tell them to reflash the transfer case? This is crazy to still have this issue
<br />
I have the last update yesterday they do for me, I just bring for regular service and they update with the latest version.<br />
Hope work now.<br/>

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the dealer with oil change and the guy told me is 4 recalls in the 4wd. Is crazy when this going to end, the grinding noise when the car is in auto or 4wd is very bad.
They have to come with the solution soon isn't right.
[emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

Last edited:

Liners

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I now have 9,000 miles on mine and just got it back again for the third time "service 4wd". This time the dealer told me that they used the latest codes from gmc to fix the problem......we will see but I'm not holding my breath

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now have 9,000 miles on mine and just got it back again for the third time "service 4wd". This time the dealer told me that they used the latest codes from gmc to fix the problem......we will see but I'm not holding my breath
After the latest update is a grinding noise when you use auto.
I call to GM today to fallow my claim and the will check 1 more time and if they not fixed they better come with other type of solution.
[emoji35] [emoji19]

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my truck is on the dealer one more time, the GM represent is going to be involved now and they have to make a decision about my car I have enough all ready. Or they fix the grinding noise and rumble or I will leave there. At this point I don't care about this is not a lease so I do not going to live with this. Also have 3 brake light full of water,drive seat move all over and some others manor issues. Let see what happens. [emoji35] [emoji35]<br/>

Singh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

Even I had the misfortune of the error message popping up on my 2013 Tahoe LTZ after which I went to the dealer and he cleared the error message. It never occurred but for now I am very cautious when I take it to the car wash to avoid direct water being splashed on the wiring harness towards the transfer case.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,

R S

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok the engineer make the appointment for 02/12/2015 to take the car for a ride after that the will make a decision.
Hope they replace the whole transfer case.
[emoji19] [emoji19]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sahidblack