07Burb's SLOW "build up"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once I get them installed I'll definitely give a full review on them. As far as how they look and feel out of the box they look solid and well made so I expect some good things out of them! I hope to do the install within the next couple of weeks along with the Panhard Bar. Should be a very noticeable difference over stop bars and arms that now have 190k miles on them. I will update my thread with the results :)

Do you have the DJM relocation brackets as well?

I'm getting ready to do my entire suspension as well, I think I'm just at the 210k mile mark. Making sure I have my ducks in a row before tearing it apart haha

I look forward to your updates

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have the DJM relocation brackets as well?

I'm getting ready to do my entire suspension as well, I think I'm just at the 210k mile mark. Making sure I have my ducks in a row before tearing it apart haha

I look forward to your updates
I did for a while, but didn't like them so I took them off. As I get ready to refresh everything I may give them another whirl.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did for a while, but didn't like them so I took them off. As I get ready to refresh everything I may give them another whirl.

Really?
What didn't you like about them?
How low are you out back?

Thanks

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really?
What didn't you like about them?
How low are you out back?

Thanks
4" drop in back. They caused a lot of extra noise in back. This was several years ago. Can't say with 100% certainty that I had them installed 100% correct (although they are pretty hard to screw up) so you may not have that issue.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4" drop in back. They caused a lot of extra noise in back. This was several years ago. Can't say with 100% certainty that I had them installed 100% correct (although they are pretty hard to screw up) so you may not have that issue.

Gatcha.
I'm curious, maybe the hardware backed out a little to cause some slop/play. Hmmm.
I'm going with Tonys 6" rear drop. I was pondering whether or not to drop a tack on them or just crank them down with a breaker bar, haha.

Question. What are you going to do with your old arms once you swap in the spohns?

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gatcha.
I'm curious, maybe the hardware backed out a little to cause some slop/play. Hmmm.
I'm going with Tonys 6" rear drop. I was pondering whether or not to drop a tack on them or just crank them down with a breaker bar, haha.

Question. What are you going to do with your old arms once you swap in the spohns?
Not sure. Possibly hang on to them unless someone just has to have them then I'd consider selling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e