07 Yukon w/Bose and rear lcd. Upgrading head unit with no rear audio.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TecNick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently bought a 07 Yukon XL. Everything was great except the head unit. I wanted CarPlay so I bought a aftermarket unit from crutchfield. Connected everything from the diagrams and everything is working with the exception of my rear speakers. I’m assuming the amp is being triggered but I have no idea where to go from here.

I have plugged in the factory unit and confirmed all speakers are working fine.

I know I was kind of vague here so if anyone may have any idea as to what is wrong I’d appreciate the help. Thank you.

I forgot to mention this is what I purchased from crutchfield

Last edited:

Macman059

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There’s no rear fading with aftermarket wire harness no matter the brand. The best way to get sound from all speakers and to have it sounding good is to bypass the bose amplifier.

atanasd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i dont understand why you need to bypass Bose amplifier?

camaroz2887

Reaction score
I think Mac man just misunderstood your problem is all. What headunit/ harness are you using? Also is it possible you have the audio source for the rear set to the rear video?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s no rear fading with aftermarket wire harness no matter the brand. The best way to get sound from all speakers and to have it sounding good is to bypass the bose amplifier.
the maestro rr allows fade and dsp, just for future reference.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a 07 Yukon XL. Everything was great except the head unit. I wanted CarPlay so I bought a aftermarket unit from crutchfield. Connected everything from the diagrams and everything is working with the exception of my rear speakers. I’m assuming the amp is being triggered but I have no idea where to go from here.

I have plugged in the factory unit and confirmed all speakers are working fine.

I know I was kind of vague here so if anyone may have any idea as to what is wrong I’d appreciate the help. Thank you.

I forgot to mention this is what I purchased from crutchfield

i'm going to take a stab and guess, you need the extra harness.....
In order to retain rear seat entertainment (RSE), you will also need the PAC's GMRVD retention harness (127GMRVD, sold separately).

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have a similar setup in my 2011 Suburban with BOSE. I am using the PAC RP5-GM31 with Jensen CAR910w purchased from Crutchfield because I wanted wireless carplay, volume knob, and large screen. My rear seat speakers work fine (and my chimes work fine without the dongle). They get the input from the radio front speakers. Fade does not work. I determined I did not need it. Since the Jensen doesn't put out RCA I lost rear seat entertainment but don't need it (kids are in college). Do you have the BOSE amp? Are you sure the rear speakers were previously working? As CamaroZ2887 said are you sure the RSE is not set to rear video? Try turning it on from the rear seat and setting to Radio. It's possible you need the harness Doubeleive recommended but the BOSS doesn't seem to have an video output.

snow_vipr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is prolly why Im not getting sound from my rear new speakers. I might as well replace front component speaker if replacing Bose amp and how easy is that to do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10