07 Yukon stock Nav makeing noise. Disk search/ seek?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badmunky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I unlocked the Yukon and got in and noticed that the OEM NAV system is making a sound like the CD/DVD system is spinning a disk and seeking/ searching the disk for info. (There is no disk in there other then the NAV disk.)

I have noticed this a few times now. It stops as soon as I put the key in the ignition and turn it on.
It seams to stop after the system powers up. I don't hear it when I shut the truck off, only when I get in it. And I think it only does it after I have unlocked the doors by remote.

Any one know if this is normal, or if it will hurt any thing?

Thanks.

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our does the same thing, normal as far as I know, I'm assuming this happens to keep the nav system updated and ready for use when we get in since it is disk based

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's not good on the drive or the battery. The new ones are hard drive based

jonsharp2000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll confirm, same in mine. I asked the dealer when I first heard it and he said normal operation. Seems like overkill to spin every time you start up, seems like it would logical only when you launch nag, but whatever. Ironically I never use it now, with as good as iPhone Nav (any smartphone really) has become now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali