07 Tahoe wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjmrider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the other day I started up my Tahoe using the remote start in the driveway, like usual, and right when I pulled out of the driveway and gave it any gas, it misfired a few times and then stopped running. It wont start back up now and the Stabilitrak light, Traction Control light and Check Engine light all came on. It threw 3 codes to start, p0107, p0606, p0641. I wrote them down and then cleared them, then tried to start it again, and it threw two more codes, P0641 and P0446.

I have absolutely no clue whats going on with it, I have heard it could be the throttle body, water damage to the ECU, chewed wires, etc.

I am running the diablo predator 2 tune in it with a K&N CAI. (Tune is the 93 performance). I am also wondering if this could be a issue as well. Tried to look into it, couldn't find much about the tune throwing any codes like this, only like O2 sensor codes.

Also its good to note that P0641 I have had for a while now. I know its related to the 5-volt reference circuit 'A'. Does anyone have a diagram of this or know where I can find this circuit? I would like to see what sensors are on that circuit that could be potentially causing this problem

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another thing to check is to carefully remove and inspect the connections on the PCM, make sure all pins are clean, and that there is no moisture inside the connections.

OP
OP
tjmrider

tjmrider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
::: UPDATE :::

So I towed the Tahoe to my friends shop, a few days later he was able to look at it. Truck started up like nothing happened and he had it started/running for so long that it went through its clear cycle and cleared the codes by itself.

Not sure what is the problem or what the problem was, im thinking some sort of electrical ground issue. Going to take all of the grounds off under the body, clean them and re-ground, then seal them up again

Will update the post if the issue happens again... This is a strange one for sure, and usually strange issues like this are related to iffy grounds

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also its good to note that P0641 I have had for a while now. I know its related to the 5-volt reference circuit 'A'. Does anyone have a diagram of this or know where I can find this circuit? I would like to see what sensors are on that circuit that could be potentially causing this problem[/QUOTE said:
A is the circuit that connects the Hall effect in the ignition switch to the body control module.. This wire was modified to allow the remote start to function.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667