'07 GMC Yukon XL Denail Throttle Position Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my '07 GMC Yukon XL Denali I am receiving an error code for the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor).

The check engine light comes on once in a while, sometimes it clears itself, other times I clear it with my scanner, just kind of annoying. I don't see any problems when the light is on with the performance other than the annoyance!

Before I get a new TPS, is there anything I can do with this one. I have 176k miles on the motor.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my '07 GMC Yukon XL Denali I am receiving an error code for the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor).

The check engine light comes on once in a while, sometimes it clears itself, other times I clear it with my scanner, just kind of annoying. I don't see any problems when the light is on with the performance other than the annoyance!

Before I get a new TPS, is there anything I can do with this one. I have 176k miles on the motor.
Follow the troubleshooting guide for that exact code to determine what the issue is. Otherwise, you're just guessing and wasting your time.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check engine light came on again yesterday and my scanner showed code P0121, cleared it, all fine now.

Seems the error code definition says it is:

P0121 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Range/Performance Problem that is a drive by wire system the gas pedal has a sensor right above it make sure the plug is all the way in or the sensor could have a glicth in it and would have to be replaced

So not sure if I replace the TPS will fix this?

GREGB1954

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2007 Tahoe just put out this code. Did replacing the TPS solve the problem?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the harness at the pigtail under the wire loom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork