06 Escalade magnetic ride suspension on 01 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Paalk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
He he thanks man appreciate your answers a lot, not that many Escalades here in this country due to their outrageos prices hence no knowledge about them either so this is much appreciated. It's not cool to start spending a lot of man hours on things that just don't work.

OP
OP
P

Paalk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
He he cool, you might hear from me again:) Any clue if I will get a bunch of problems swaping the whole interior?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He he cool, you might hear from me again:) Any clue if I will get a bunch of problems swaping the whole interior?

besides electronics, you'll be fine. Dash bezels are different, do you will need the radio bezel along with the dash bezel. Once you do that, you'll need to get an aftermarket radio and aftermarket dash kit for the 04-06 dash. your 01 radio (thats a 1.5" din radio wont' fit the 04-06 double din radio location.

you can kinda see what I'm talking about here...

http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595

OP
OP
P

Paalk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, see what you mean. Kses123 mentioned something about switches and stuff in the doors and seats. Any clue? I mean I want to make sure I get the middle seat heat work too if possible. Any pointers in that regard?

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
I would say forget about adding Autoride. It is not worth it. Just get yourself some good shocks, Bilstein for example. You should be happy with those.

The heated seat switches are different, so are the window switches.

If you could somehow get EVERYTHING from that 2006 Escalade, then yes, you could convert the interior.

I think the rear heated seats are controlled by a module too, so...that might be tricky to get working.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say forget about adding Autoride. It is not worth it. Just get yourself some good shocks, Bilstein for example. You should be happy with those.

The heated seat switches are different, so are the window switches.

If you could somehow get EVERYTHING from that 2006 Escalade, then yes, you could convert the interior.

I think the rear heated seats are controlled by a module too, so...that might be tricky to get working.

x2

Unless you were to get the entire wiring harness along with the BCM and switches, a lot of that stuff won't work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Paalk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, I see hmmm lot's to think about. What is the TCM, and what dose it do? Is it situated under the dash too?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I see hmmm lot's to think about. What is the TCM, and what dose it do? Is it situated under the dash too?

BCM and TCM are control modules. Not sure what each one does, but they have to do with all the electrical components.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
TCM is the transmission control module, but they only come in the 07 and up models. The transmission is controlled by the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) under the hood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard A

Latest posts