06 Avalanche H/U issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Avyman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would like to introduce myself, I'm Seth I own an 06 Avalanche (new to me) and an 04 Hoe also new to me. My wife drives the Hoe.

I've looked for days now for a thread on this BTW.

Ok to get on with the issue, my 06 Av has touch screen NAVI not sure what the serial number is or if that would help. The screen goes blank and pops, and looks like its trying to reboot. Its annoying cause of the pop, and blank screen obviously, but for the fact that when it pops (in the speakers) it's like it kills the amp (which makes sense if its resetting it's self). Is there a way to get this fixed or should I try to get another. I really want to stay with the factory unit. Any help would be great.

donovandavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would like to introduce myself, I'm Seth I own an 06 Avalanche (new to me) and an 04 Hoe also new to me. My wife drives the Hoe.

I've looked for days now for a thread on this BTW.

Ok to get on with the issue, my 06 Av has touch screen NAVI not sure what the serial number is or if that would help. The screen goes blank and pops, and looks like its trying to reboot. Its annoying cause of the pop, and blank screen obviously, but for the fact that when it pops (in the speakers) it's like it kills the amp (which makes sense if its resetting it's self). Is there a way to get this fixed or should I try to get another. I really want to stay with the factory unit. Any help would be great.
My Denali had the same issue when I first got it. Tried messing with wires but the problem was internal. I like you wanted the factory unit but the price for another wasn't work it. Ended going with a excelon series kenwood and it works flawlessly. The excelon series really lets you dial in the speakers and whatnot. But simply, the problem is most likely internal and you'd be better off going aftermarket. Hope this helps!!

OP
OP
A

Avyman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Denali had the same issue when I first got it. Tried messing with wires but the problem was internal. I like you wanted the factory unit but the price for another wasn't work it. Ended going with a excelon series kenwood and it works flawlessly. The excelon series really lets you dial in the speakers and whatnot. But simply, the problem is most likely internal and you'd be better off going aftermarket. Hope this helps!!
I'm not to happy about this but thank you and I figured I would have to go that route.

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like keeping things factory. Just buy a non lux TNR 800 from ebay. Touch Navigation Radio. Have the dealer unlock it and be done. The problem is internal. Depending where you are you can send your old one out to AER radio in Los Angeles, United Radio in new york to be re-manufactured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove