05 Tahoe Projectors ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
i just installed a set of DEPO headlights and 6k hids. does anyone else have a problem of those little circles or dots right above the cut off? is this normal?

Yes, there are three little dots of light. It is very easy to remove them. Just go get some JB Weld. Mix it up and use something long and thin (I used a pencil, eraser end) stick it in where the bulb goes. Get the JB Weld and fill in the little holes you can see inside there. Do this carefully. Allow it to dry and you're done! No more "dots"!

1highbaldguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ahhh ok! i thought something was messed up. i might give that a try. on the first page you can see what im talking about. someone post up their depo lights and hids. thanks guys...

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
ahhh ok! i thought something was messed up. i might give that a try. on the first page you can see what im talking about. someone post up their depo lights and hids. thanks guys...

Here you go. From an old post of mine.

Depo Projectors with 4300k Philips HID

IMG_0964.jpg
IMG_0936.jpg
IMG_0960.jpg
IMG_0965.jpg
IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0971.jpg
IMG_0966.jpg
IMG_0968.jpg
IMG_0969.jpg
IMG_0970.jpg

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ks123.. nice pics, think shines alot better than my stock housing ones w/ hids. think you just help me make up my mind and find some deops.. thanks for the pics

1highbaldguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hmm the one posted above doesnt show the "dots/circles" im talking about. weird. post 11 shows the dots right above the cut off.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Those little white dots look like they are coming from holes in the shroud itself....is that where they are?

That's pretty cheap if it is.

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they are not coming from holes in the shroud, I can tell you that. I inspected mine big time when I saw that. At first I thought it was the little "nipples" on the front of the light that were doing it, but covering them didn't remove them. It's got to be something inside the projector itself.

I've come to appreciate the dots somewhat, but would love to cover just one - the inside ones that would be more likely to blind a driver. The outer ones actually do a good job at lighting up the street signs around here. If someone does fill these holes, take some pics. It'd be even better if someone could do one hole at a time so we can see which does what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevelle ss

Latest posts