04 yukon cigarette lighter plugs always power on , fix to alternative power acc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denalliworld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
04 yukon

cigarette lighter plugs always power on , fix to alternative power acc

does every one else have this problem?

I want my cigarette plugs to turn off when the key is out.

does any 1 know how to change the wire to ACC wiring instead of always on for these cigarette plugs

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
They come from the factory like that. To change to acc you would need to run a fused wire from the ignition harness to the back of the outlet

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Install a relay behind the panel. Trigger the relay with acc line or tap into the switched power for radio.

Like that only time cig lighter will have power is when key is on and relay is energized.

Simple and easy.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Wow I've see. Plenty of people with foreign cars want this on when the car is off, but this is the first I've heard someone wanting the opposite

02 Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I've see. Plenty of people with foreign cars want this on when the car is off, but this is the first I've heard someone wanting the opposite

I agree but it comes in handy when connecting radar detectors, dash cameras, bluetooth audio devices and so on that use powering on/off to auto connect and start automatically at ignition.

Maic

15 Suburban LT / z71
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Install a relay behind the panel. Trigger the relay with acc line or tap into the switched power for radio.

Like that only time cig lighter will have power is when key is on and relay is energized.

Simple and easy.

x2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900