03 yukon tcase issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dubflex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From what I just read you can disconnect the actuator motor and manually shift from 4lo to 2hi. Is this possible to do as a temp fix until I get my tax return?

A couple months ago I put a used transfer case in it after mine started to go out. I think it was out of an older truck(maybe 99) but one that had the push button selectable 2hi-4hi-4lo. The only problem was the wiring on the new case and actuator were different than my old one. So after we got everything put back together i just didn't have 4wd and the buttons on the dash wouldn't light up. Until last Saturday night, it randomly lit up and was in 4lo. Any time I push 2 or 4hi it blinks then goes back to 4lo. Then Sunday it randomly went back off. Was off all day yesterday(Monday) and randomly came back on today after work. Had planned on replacing the t case with one from the salvage yard that I know is correct with my tax return.

OP
OP
D

dubflex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE: jumped in to go to a friend's house and the 2hi button was lit. Then a few minutes later got neck in and neutral was lit up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruzic99

Latest posts