01 Yukon XL feels very sluggish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KillNThrill24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know it's a 295k mi, 5,000lb pig, but with a 285hp and 325ftlb engine, and being 2wd, I would think it would have a bit more umph than it has. It just feels like it can barely get out of its own way. I pulled up a code for an o2 sensor on bank 2, so I will replace that and see if it helps anything, but I don't know how long that code has been on. I bought this at an auction a month ago or so, and have been piecing it together since. For those who have seen my thread I haven't abandoned it! Just been busy working haha. I'll get to that!

Anyways, the truck sat at the impound lot for a little over a year. Lord only knows how it ran before then. I did an oil change right away when I got it home. I put a fresh tank of gas in it too, it was really low when I got it. I'm guessing there was a good amount of condensation built up in the tank over the period of time sitting, so I was hoping the fresh tank of gas and fuel injector cleaner (I didn't buy it, just had a case sitting at the shop that someone left for me lol, I don't know if that stuff does anything worth spending money on.)

The exhaust, I noticed, had a tooooooon of water coming out of the tail pipe. Again confirming the condensation theory I had about the tank. If there was that much in the exhaust, I'm sure there was a bunch in the tank as well. Could it be possible that the muffler is clogged up with crap? What about the cats? I believe the code was for plug 1 on bank 2 if that makes any difference for the cats. There's also a broken manifold bolt, rear most on driver side. It, of course, is ticking. I'm sure that's attributing to some of the power loss. I'm gonna get a set of new bolts and undertake that wonderful task at some point.... Might grab some cheap summit headers while I'm at it! Lol...

Things I have not checked:
Air filter
MAF
TB
Plugs

I haven't spent much time diagnosing this yet, I've been dealing with many other things in the meantime lol. I just figured I'd post here and see what the pro's on these vehicles say. Thanks guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicman31_04