01 Yukon lifter question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drinky-Josh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here. Gonna do a new member intro in a little bit, but wanted to go ahead and get this out there for you guys to see.

I have an 01 Yukon 4x4 with nearly 138k miles on it. Two days ago, I crunk it up to head into work after it sitting for about 3 days without being drove and it immediately had a noticeable clicking noise that maintained is loudness and changed pace with the rpms of the motor. It doesn't go away even when its idling. Its never done this before and I've put 18k miles on it the year and some odd months I've had it. Drove my Tacoma to work yesterday and then drove the Yukon to work today and its still doing it. My dad's a good mechanic but hasn't had time to check it out yet and I wanted to get you guys' opinions on this and see if any of you has had this happen as well. Dad said it was a lifter hung open and its possible that it might just up and stop or may have to tear into it and check some things if it doesn't. Its been taken care of well and this just suprised me. Other than the startup ticking that comes with a roller lifter motor after they get some miles on them, this engine has never made the first bad noise.

Looking forward to you guys' info! Thanks!

DSC00482.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magnetman59

Latest posts