01 Tahoe front seats w/ airbags in 2nd row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olderhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Long time lurker and just joined the forum.

I've searched and read a lot about switching a 60/40 2nd row bench with 2nd row captains chairs.

Problem is, I've got kids and would REALLY like to have air bags in the second row (the 2001 model has none in the 2nd or 3rd rows).

Question: Can I switch out my 60/40 bench with front row fully powered captain seats with the airbags, thereby adding some extra safety to that row?

Thanks. I appreciate any and all input.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kids and airbags do NOT mix. Have you ever had an airbag triggered? They go off so violently that they will seriously hurt anyone under 100lbs. My grandmother had one go off in her face and she is a very frail tiny woman. The airbag did more damage to her face than anything. She looked like she owed money to some pretty angry guys, and didn't pay up. I would NOT try to put airbags anywhere near a child. Seatbelts will give them more than enough protection if they are in the backseat of a Tahoe or Suburban.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy