01 tahoe drivers window stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gordy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rolled down the power window drivers side. when I went to roll it back up it bound up half way up. Motor works but when I went to pull on it to get it to go up it fell all the way down. Any insight something broke, poped out of track etc.

Gordy

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. The cable on the regulator was frayed and window wouldn't roll all the way up. Sounds like you snapped the cable or the window came off the mounts that hold the window to the regulator. Take the door panel off and adjust the window back onto the mounts and tighten the bolts but not too tight if that's the situation. If the cable is frayed or broken you will need a new regulator. I would suggest an oem dorman regulator and motor from ebay. Like $50 to your door and not a complicated procedure.

OP
OP
G

Gordy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks

And yup snapped cable. Got a new doorman regulator with motor for 99 bucks at advanced auto parts in town. did not want to wait. Easy fix.

Did not hear anything snap while trying to roll it up so I did not think it was the cable.

Gordy

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Save the motor off of your old regulator. The front and rear doors use the same window motors, but different regulators. Now you have a spare motor if either one on the drivers side goes out. But if the regulator cables pop again, you will be stuck replacing the whole assembly again. I replaced both on my rear doors and kept the motors because they are still good. Now if I happen to have a window motor failure, I have a spare to fit all four doors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo

Latest posts