'00 Tahoe Limited / '99 Z71 Front Bumper??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Yukon

'96 Z71 YUKON 2DR
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can pick up a Tahoe Limited front bumper w/fogs or the Z71 Tahoe bumper w/fogs?

I found some at local junk yards but they want almost $400 for these things... Holly :poop:

I like the way they look and want to get one and paint it silver and find a rear paintable bumper and do the same.... like the Tahoe Sports are done sorta but with the fogs..... Don't really care for the aftermarket bumpers, want the stock look .....

I'll even trade someone if they want chrome bumpers .... lol

TIM Z

DMAX Power
Reaction score
LMC truck has them last time i looked! Good luck! They are sweet!

Also the trucks with a 6.5 diesel of those years had similar bumpers , the holes/cutouts in them were to aide in cooling the engine. They look very simialr to the Z71 bumper.

970Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMC truck would be the best bet, or car-part.com. car-part.com searches for parts at yards based on price and distance from your area code. I found a rear door in pewter for $130 from them.

Just paint your rear bumper, treat it the same as any other metal bumper and you can get the same results...

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
lmc painted version is like 90 bucks, they have the fogs and shit like that, but its pretty expensive. i say atleast the fogs from your junkyard and just buy a new bumper..

I got a brand new GM limited bumper sitting at home :)

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've been looking into this. the diesel bumper is chrome and has the impact strip (not my liking) the obs limited/z71 tahoe is the only one with the painted fog light bumper. LMC has it for $100 which is a good price. as mentioned the fog lights they have are expensive. LMC also has the rear bumper but its $400 (no idea why). the work trucks also came with the same rear bumper as the obs limited/z71 tahoe so i would say check the junk yard for those.

OP
OP
Miami-Yukon

Miami-Yukon

'96 Z71 YUKON 2DR
Reaction score
Holy :poop:

The more I look into this the more expensive it keeps getting!

I think I might just find a stock chrome smooth bumper or something....

We'll see, as always $$$$ is the factor....

99TAHOE2DR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i've been looking into this. the diesel bumper is chrome and has the impact strip (not my liking) the obs limited/z71 tahoe is the only one with the painted fog light bumper. LMC has it for $100 which is a good price. as mentioned the fog lights they have are expensive. LMC also has the rear bumper but its $400 (no idea why). the work trucks also came with the same rear bumper as the obs limited/z71 tahoe so i would say check the junk yard for those.

I know this is old but i contated LMC and they said that the holes are air intake holes not fog light holes. But I think thats why the fog light housing was put in place.

Last edited:

YAMBAG

Reaction score
They are both. The holes serve as air intake cooling holes on diesel engine equipped gmt400s. GM used the same bumper on the 2000 Limited trucks and installed fog lights in the holes. The Limited option on those trucks did not come with a diesel engine option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076