‘16 Tahoe tranny - Hard engage in drive.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small world bro. Tuttle OK. Originally from Houston TX. Oil industry brought me here. I bought the Tahoe from Smicklas. They’re kinda goofy at the service dept. Going to John Holt Chevy or Byford GMC in Chickasha for now on.
Wife is from Baytown.

OP
OP
bigT63

bigT63

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I just got my truck back for the same issue. Shifting from park to drive/reverse was a huge shutter. It didn’t matter if I was on flat surface, or a slight incline. And it didn’t happen all the time. It was like that feeling you get when you go from reverse to drive too fast. But it would happen if I shifted really slow.

The dealership tried to reprogram it and that didn’t work. They were able to replicate it. They told me they had to call GM and work with their guys. Eventually they replaced the transmission computer (?). I can probably get the technical details from my receipt if that helps. I just got it back today so I haven’t put many miles on it yet. But so far so good. It was covered by power train warranty. I have about 75k on a 2015.

Dude that’s exactly what’s happening with mine. The technical notes on yours would be helpful for this dealer to get it straight the first time I go. Nothing more pisses me off than having to go back time and time again.

OP
OP
bigT63

bigT63

Reaction score
Sorry for the late update. For who is curious, the sharp engage I was feeling was only when the 4WD was in AUTO. Keep it in 2WD, and I don’t feel anything strange. That is other than the cold start shudder when shifting from fast start up, which I experience to be somewhat normal... I guess. Now just gotta see about getting the 4x4 serviced and keep the wife out of AUTO!

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone get a weird noise above 50 mph in auto ?
Sorry for the late update. For who is curious, the sharp engage I was feeling was only when the 4WD was in AUTO. Keep it in 2WD, and I don’t feel anything strange. That is other than the cold start shudder when shifting from fast start up, which I experience to be somewhat normal... I guess. Now just gotta see about getting the 4x4 serviced and keep the wife out of AUTO!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no weird noises in auto or 4H driving above 50

also, guess ive been lucky.. no issues w/ leaving it in Auto either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo