Yukon applique

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
My dad agreed to let me use the applique off his Yukon Denali for my Tahoe if I decide to. By applique, I mean the molding that sets above the license plate that houses the rear-view camera and license plate lights.

Currently, I have the stock Chevy one with the chrome bowtie.

What are your thoughts? Should I leave it or use the Yukon applique?

Just for a visual...my Tahoe will have the big Escalade 3rd brake light, G3/G4 LED tails, and chrome bumper strip. Do you think the Yukon piece would work best in this?

Thanks

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Don't know why you wanted the chrome peice on the rear hatch step pad, its ugly IMO.
I have the Yukon applique and like it, get ready because its not easy to install.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't know why you wanted the chrome peice on the rear hatch step pad, its ugly IMO.
I have the Yukon applique and like it, get ready because its not easy to install.

Could you explain?

And yeah I agree on the bowtie. I tried my best at removing the gold cover carefully but it split into 2 so I've been stuck with it. It looks okay with the Denali lights and chrome bumper though.

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed mine and had the paint shop smooth and paint it, looks way better IMO

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Could you explain?

And yeah I agree on the bowtie. I tried my best at removing the gold cover carefully but it split into 2 so I've been stuck with it. It looks okay with the Denali lights and chrome bumper though.

The four bolts holding them down tend to spin, instead of loosen, I screwed my hatch up a bit doing it but my mistakes got covered by the new one.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are they those annoying white plastic clips?

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

I removed mine and had the paint shop smooth and paint it, looks way better IMO

Have any pictures? :D

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
No, they are bolts that just spin and spin, pretty gay when I did it!

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Shit. Well my dad got his off, I'll see what he says about it.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soph -- The corner pieces above the tail lights are known as "appliques." The piece you're talking about is called something else -- I just don't know what. LOL

Anyway, if you have chrome accents elsewhere, the hatch might start looking pretty plain back there. Not sure, though, since the Denalis have the chrome bumper strip and the plain piece (and look good).

I guess you just need to determine if the benefit will outweigh the apparent hassle of installing the thing.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah Kmel the peice his talking about is called an applique too.
There are alot of appliques on the GM trucks, don't know why they all have the same name.