Whats the biggest tire I can have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Just save up for a 6 inch lift and run 35's and be confident. Your 265/75/16 will be just fine until you save up, I've tried talking myself into different directions as well but I'm just gonna save up for the Dick Cepek 6" lift like Bowtiefreak has.

chunney

Reaction score
Can anyone post up a pic of a tahoe with larger off road tires at stock ride height? I have a 95 4 door and would like to keep the stock wheels and run a larger more aggressive tire without jacking up the suspension. Just wondering what it would look like, I don't go muddin' but we get some snow and there's some bad roads out in these parts.

InkSlinger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone post up a pic of a tahoe with larger off road tires at stock ride height? I have a 95 4 door and would like to keep the stock wheels and run a larger more aggressive tire without jacking up the suspension. Just wondering what it would look like, I don't go muddin' but we get some snow and there's some bad roads out in these parts.

I'm with you! I want to run 285/75/16's on my 95 4dr as well. I need to know asap cause I'm getting them tomorrow...

InkSlinger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I went and bought myself some 285/75/16's today! Heavy snow was the best test for my new meats! Love them and NO RUB at all on my stock 95 Tahoe Rims with NO lift! Gotta gets pics for you all asap! Thanks for all the messages to help me make my choice in wheels...

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think im gonna put on some 285's in the spring when I need new tires. Can you take some pics Ink? So I can see what they look like?

OP
OP
IRQVET

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
Just save up for a 6 inch lift and run 35's and be confident. Your 265/75/16 will be just fine until you save up, I've tried talking myself into different directions as well but I'm just gonna save up for the Dick Cepek 6" lift like Bowtiefreak has.

If I was going to purchase a lift, it would be no more than 3-4 inches. I daily drive my Tahoe and its just not practical to daily drive something with a 6 inch lift IMO. If it was just a weekend toy, I would because I think the 6 inch lift looks sweet, but for me its just not practical.