Headlights Low Beam dont work, but DRL and High Beams do!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99yukonbd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok guys, I need some help here. I have a 99 OBS Yukon. Here ecently the headlights have stopped working. The DRL and the high beams both work, but when I turn the switch on to regular headlights, they go off and only the orange hazard lights stay on. I have read a few forums on here already and they sound similar, but I just wanna make sure I heading in the right direction. I replaced the headlight switch today on the left side panel of the dash. That did not solve the problem. I checked the fuses under the hood and the fuse panel on the left side of the dash and all were fine. I have been reading to check and possibly change the DRL relay, or circuit board. Does this seem like the next step to go to? Ive got to get this figured out so I can get through inspection. Ive been out since last september due to having to replace head gaskets and distributor assembly. I just finally got everything fixed last week and now the lights have gone out! I love my truck, but this beast is fixing to have a 4 Sale sign on it!! HELP!!:rage::rage::rage::rage::gunner:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
that or the wire between the switch and drl relay is broke. or the dimmer switch burn out on the low beam side.

Headlamps Inoperative - Low Beams
Symptom Related Diagnostic Procedures

Headlamps Inoperative - Low Beams

Headlight / Daytime Running Lights (DRL) Schematics Headlight / Daytime Running Lights (DRL) Schematics

DRL Module, DRL Relay

Headlamp and Panel Dimmer Switch, Headlamp Dimmer Switch

Quad Headlamps, Base Headlamps

badadatude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever get this fixed? I had a problem similar to yours a while back and found the problem to be in the relay for the "4 High" wiring. Replaced the relay and all was good again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick