3rd Row subwoofer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03Tahoe26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone feel like me when I don't want to take out my 3rd row to install subwoofers. I like having the 3rd row. Does anyone have pics of subwoofer boxes installed behind their 3rd row.

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I have an extra 12" Diamond audio sub I want to install but cant get myself to remove the 3rd row. But the lack of bass is killing me!!

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have a box behind all three rows. Had a local shop in my area build it for $60. It fits my 2 12" JL W3. It was one of the my favorite mods Ive done its just soooooo convenient.

DSC04251.jpg

DSC04252.jpg

Feel free to ask questions

syndicatesteve

Syndicate Steve
Reaction score
here is my install, sorry its on a new body style but it works.. 1 8" Kicker L7 in each rear window powered by a Kicker 1000.1 amp and it hits 134.6 db at the last USACi stereo competitionpicture.jpg,picture.jpg,picture.jpg

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have a box behind all three rows. Had a local shop in my area build it for $60. It fits my 2 12" JL W3. It was one of the my favorite mods Ive done its just soooooo convenient.

DSC04251.jpg

DSC04252.jpg

Feel free to ask questions

Very very nice... i was just measuring today to try and find 2.5-3.0 cubes behind the 3rd row.
Im guessing that if you needed cargo room (ie groceries) you could pull the box, remove the 3rd row, and then put the box behind the second row without issues?

Syndiacate Steve: for show that is very cool, but on my people mover, visibility is already uncomfortably restricted an blind spots abundant.

Snomon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hidden 3rd row sub in 07 LTZ with lift motor.

Here's a pic of a hidden box next to the lift gate motor in my 07. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic quality.

This custom box was professionally built from scratch out of fiberglass.

It's totally hidden, but you do lose the cup holder for the 3rd row.

It's a 10" Boston Sub. I traded in my truck so this custom box / sub is FOR SALE! Send me a PM if interested.

TahoeSubBox.jpg

Last edited:

Lil CacAzn Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could fit the new JL W5s back there. they are really thin thats what my buddy did in his denali and i'm eventually gonna do in my tahoe.

yolo

MarkBarbee.com
Reaction score
I did the same by building a fiberglass box in the rear next the the lift gate. Though, I don't have a power lift gate so my install could have used 2 12's.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 2 orion Hcca 10's behind my 3rd row in a custom box with room to spare to add lil bags n stuff both subs are rated at 4000 watt peak 2000 watt RMS and i have them running off of hifonic 2100watt amps plus a crunch 900 watt amp for speakers tucked under the rear seats. my subs kiccs ass and bass knobs are not turned up to half way yet. my box is ported....but are aimed facing the liftgate glass. checc my system upgrade thread for PIc's or i'll post some on here in a few.... but my box was built for $200+ sounds crazy i have to change my amp and speakers now the bass shuts them down if anybody is looking for speakers i have Oxygen audio 200watt 6.5" speakers for sale and that's 200watta each speaker!!

Detroit Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you could fit the new JL W5s back there. they are really thin thats what my buddy did in his denali and i'm eventually gonna do in my tahoe.

I had the W5 in my 08 and it fit perfectly behind the third row. Problem for me was that I love ported/vented enclosures and W5's a recommended by JL to be sealed. I returned it and threw in a 12W7. I lost 1 seat, but the sound is incredible.

I can post a pic if anyone's interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JVega