Denali/Escalade Leather Shifter Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been wanting to do it since I saw it. I found out that the 07-08 shifter had the stitching facing you, but the 09-11 had the stitching facing away. Took all of 10 minutes. The part number for mine was 25807855.

Here's the difference in the the 2

Shifters.jpg

And the shifter installed

Shifter2.jpg

Now, the + and - is for the manual shifting on the different transmissions. the 5.3's wont come with this so it wont work. What I did was cut the 2 black wires and I can use them for something else. Others have use it for there air suspension.

Here's a little write-up I kinda went by.

Install was pretty straight forward, remove the tilt handle by gently prying it out, then remove the top half of the column cover by pushing in on both side at once and then it will pop off. The lower portion then pulls off, it helps to have the wheel tilted all the way up for this to angle it out. Gm actually has an interesting design for the column cover, you can put two screws in it if you break the plastic tabs that hold it in so you should check to see if they are there first. Next comes the wire for the shifting and tow mode, this runs underneath the passenger side to the drivers side of the column, I used a small screw driver to release the clip then pull out the two plastic mounting barbs and it comes out no problem. You have to pay attention to how the wire is routed around another wire to hold it up though for the install. A single T-30 torx bolt holds in the shifter, on mine it was on there quite tight, I had to use a ratchet to loosen it. Once that is out the shifter pulls straight out and you swap the boot to the new shifter and start to reverse the process. The cable is a little hard to plug in as it is very tight space, the bottom cover was also a bit hard to get in just right and you have to be careful not to force it and break the tabs or you will be looking for screws to put in it. For the top start at the right rear corner where the boot is and it will be a lot easier.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Looks good Nathan.
I was going to do this mods last summer but flaked it because I figured it was not worth the $80 a Denali/Esky shifter was gonna run.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good Nathan.
I was going to do this mods last summer but flaked it because I figured it was not worth the $80 a Denali/Esky shifter was gonna run.

After seeing/having both. it is..

Especially when...

sm_makeitrain_cowboys_add.gif

:laughing1:

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great Nathan. I think the esky/denali shifter is a huge step up from the tahoe/yukon one that's for sure.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks great Nathan. I think the esky/denali shifter is a huge step up from the tahoe/yukon one that's for sure.

definitely! Just another piece to the puzzle. Basically getting a Denali without the 6.2 and bad gas mileage. I was looking at a Denali and an Esky, but I didn't want factory Nav and the bad gas mileage.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks great!! I can't wait to start on my interior :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11