got my 0411

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brooks93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got it all in the mail today. Now I just need to take out the old and transfer the wires.

anyone have any tips to make it easier or faster.

any got ya's I should watch for

OP
OP
B

brooks93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a ecm out of a 2001 or 2002 express van. They ran the 5.7 vortec. The same motor in my 96 tahoe. by changing the pcm in my 96 to the ecm out of the 01 or 02 express it allows better engine control and the use of efilive for better tuning. also it has a valet setting so I can set it for tow/haul and change my shift points by flipping a switch

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a ecm out of a 2001 or 2002 express van. They ran the 5.7 vortec. The same motor in my 96 tahoe. by changing the pcm in my 96 to the ecm out of the 01 or 02 express it allows better engine control and the use of efilive for better tuning. also it has a valet setting so I can set it for tow/haul and change my shift points by flipping a switch

that sounds like a really good deal. If its just a switch of computer, ( if im thinking right, ecm) should just be able to unplug and plug in. But wouldnt you have to have it tuned to your truck? or can you just swap them, and have all that work. Even though yours is older.

OP
OP
B

brooks93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have to re-pin your harness. my pcm has 5 connectors and the 0411 has 2 connectors. i got mine pretuned so it should be plug and play once I re-pin the connector.

google 0411 pcm swap and you will pull up all kinds of information. I got the wire file from the guy that was one of the first to do it. It tells me which wire from my 96 goes to which pin on the 01 or 02 connector

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This and the Marine manifold swap go side by side. And are probably two of the best mods for our trucks.

OP
OP
B

brooks93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a marine intake yet but, I am swapping in the 0411 tomorrow and should have efi live from BBT on wed.

OP
OP
B

brooks93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the swap is done. took about 3 hours and she fired right up and runs a lot smoother

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, sounds good man.
What other mods have you done?

OP
OP
B

brooks93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nothing special really just a K&N fipk, flow master cat back, hughes perfomance transmission pan, auto meter gauges oil pressure, water temp and trans temp. Blackbear coming soon.

the 0411 pcm swap makes such a huge difference. runs smoother, throttle response is nite and day over the old pcm and just seems to have woke up a old tired engine

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

I would like to do a marine intake but, can't seem to find one they way I want it or in good condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOC1583