Had a wreck today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
So my dad, older brother and his kid, and all of my cousins from California that are out visiting us all took a road trip to the river today. I was following my dad and older brother in his Jeep, had my little brother and my nephew with me, and then the rest of the family followed me.

At a stop light, I was in the front of the right line, my brother was in the front of the left, and a red Dodge RAM was second on the left. Before it turned green, I realized I needed to be in the left lane behind my brother so I don't lose them, I didn't know how to get anywhere if I lost them in traffic, and neither did the family behind me because they're not from here.

So, I had my turn signal on before the light even changed. When it did, the guy in the Dodge sped up and tried to keep me from getting into that lane, even if I slowed down, he would slow down. I don't know what his problem was. But I finally just accelerated quickly and moved over when I saw I had enough room to switch (turn signal STILL ON).

Then, he didn't care for that and moved back into the right lane, lined his front bumper up with mine, and turned right into my Tahoe. I immediately hit the brakes and tried pulling off the road but he went with me and still kept scraping my truck. His wheels and fenders (which stuck out a lot being it was a diesel) caught the side of my vehicle as I was slowing down and he left a HUGE deep red scratch all along the right of my truck.

Not only that, he also damaged my headlight, running boards, Escalade mirror, and left huge dents all along my door panels. Left big deep scratches in the rear quarter panel and even bigger ones on the front bumper.

So the Tahoe isn't looking too pretty. As soon as we pulled over, he got out storming towards me getting ready to "teach me a lesson", but that's when the rest of my family also pulled over and got to him first. Let's just say he changed his mind once he saw 2 car loads of people going after him. :rofl:

The guy admitted he did it all on purpose and had every intention to. He said that I was a little brat for cutting him off and I deserved it and that he wish he would have totaled my vehicle. He didn't seem to care that he was putting not only himself, but 3 kids (my vehicle) and his wife in danger. BUT, he told the cop that he didn't know I was next to him, he though it was clear. *********, we met eyes right when he first aligned his truck with mine. The cop determined him to obviously be at fault and it looks like I'll be getting everything fixed and replaced at no cost to me...but it is just the worst thing ever. Didn't let it ruin my river trip though, still had a good day despite the wreck.

Last edited:

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket stuff may not be covered in your insurance policy (aka escalade mirrors). Might want to mention it to the adjuster before they give a quote

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna mention the changes I've done. But would they be considered aftermarket even though they are OEM GM products??

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, people are just idiots these days and claim to see they are old and wise haha.
And yes even those mirrors are considered aftermarket, so tell insurance so they know this time, or in case of next time.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna mention the changes I've done. But would they be considered aftermarket even though they are OEM GM products??

For all the insurance company knows, you could have taken a busted ass escalade side mirror and a normal one on the passenger side and made a claim. I mean pictures and receipts may be enough for an insurance company, but then again you also have an Escalade in your family and they may think it was for that. It'll probably get looked into by your insurance company. I had an epic win stereo in my Tahoe before it was totaled and I got all my moola back from the insurance company because I had all the receipts :beer:

Also, sucks to hear. Too many stupid people on the road. Good luck getting it fixed. Looks like you get to drive the Sierra or the Escalade while yours is in the shop, seeing as you aren't old enough for a rental car :)

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
People are way to dangerous when they get road rage. Hope insurance pulls through for you.

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know whats wrong with people. Your turn signal was on and from what you said it looked like you tryed not to cut him off. Ive noticed the same thing here. Thats why when Im trying to follow people and something like that happens I get the person Im with to slow down so I can get in front then I let him get back in front of me. Did you tell the cop what he said to you?

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Thats when I would have rammed his sorry ass off the road and blown out his ****** tires with my mossberg. Stupid ****, sorry I wasn't there to kick his ass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NSTBLFKR43