Cree Back Up Lights........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yooks11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do, but it looked straight forward. Open up your liftgate and you'll see the screws that hold the taillights on.

I'll have a look tomorrow. Still excited to see pics of the finished project.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Matt.......How are you?

Install was really simple.

Just took the lamps off, pulled the socket, removed the 7440 bulbs, and stuck the LEDs in.

Nice and bright, and a clean light.

@ Felix.

That is Really nice.

What HID kit is that? Is it a complete kit? Please provide a link for future reference.

Also, what hitch cover iss that? That is not a Street Scene, and it is not a GM Cover up style.........

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Cover? ^^^^

It's just a Xantec 35W 8k HID kit from good 'ol eBay. I cut the original connector off of my reverse light bulb and spliced in the red/black cable from the HID kit. Extremely easy to do and it's SUPER bright. I have LED reverse lights in the escalade and it just doesn't even compare to my old tahoe or current avalanche's reverse lights with these HID's.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope that cover is from eBay and I got it color matched from my paint guy for like $30. The street scene one is much cleaner BUT I do like it more then the bulky factory cover from GM. I ended up selling it to another member on here when I upgraded to the Esky/Denali bumper as that is BY FAR the cleanest hitch cover of them all.

1Agerry

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
wow! nice,i like that that, i might even do that to mine

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the lights in today! Pretty good shipping from VLED's--I ordered them Sunday afternoon and got them in the mail on a Wednesday. Install was super easy, as most people are saying. It's actually detailed in the manual on page 5-59:
v3wHe.jpg

Install takes literally 5 minutes. The only reason I took any more time than that was because I was stopping to take pictures for you guys.

So first we open the tailgate (yes, I'm basically just posting this pic for the sticker):
sp3MG.jpg

And can easily see both screws (Phillips head, btw):
QrhPA.jpg

The first picture includes the instructions so from here on out I'll just post the rest of the pictures without explaining each step:
mIqlK.jpg
zY3XZ.jpg
2Xmk2.jpg
d0SvW.jpg
okRnI.jpg
DGzkF.jpg

And now, the part you've all been waiting for--Before:
NmAJJ.jpg

...And after:
wO5Xs.jpg
Notice how much brighter the cars across the street are. In the second picture you can even see a van in the driveway.

8pcxu.jpg
I have NO idea what's reflecting in the grass in this picture, and now I'm really curious.

GVppY.jpg

So far I haven't had a chance to really experience them except turning the truck around and reparking it in the driveway, but you can tell from the pictures how much brighter these lights are. VLEDs had them for $40 and I was able to find a discount code online which saved me like two bucks. Whatever, I'll take it.

Let me know if you'd like me to upload higher resolution versions of those pictures or if you'd like me to take any more pictures.

Last edited:

yooks11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@mattjones, those look awesome!

Thanks a bunch for the pictures. I'll probably do this within the next couple of weeks.

Jmat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed post Matt. Think these lights could be used as fogs? They certainly appear to be brighter than the oem bulbs. If they fit then it may be worth a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jorge_vh