What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

15burban

Reaction score
I finally got around to replacing the drivers rear shock in the 15 (non magneride but rear air). Did the passenger side a few weeks ago. It puked all over the garage. So ordered both oem from rockauto. The air line on the drivers side was stuck/rusted to the shock and couldn't get it off without damaging it. Ordered the repair air line kit from rebuild master tech. Cut the line and replaced without an issue.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out my battery today. Last battery purchased 11/19. Only issue is it stopped holding a charge after sitting for a week or more. I usually only drive this one on the weekends, not uncommon for it to sit for 2 weeks. Went with the Wally World Maxx 4yr battery.

15burban

Reaction score
Changed out my battery today. Last battery purchased 11/19. Only issue is it stopped holding a charge after sitting for a week or more. I usually only drive this one on the weekends, not uncommon for it to sit for 2 weeks. Went with the Wally World Maxx 4yr battery.
Ever think about getting a battery maintainer for it for when it's sitting? A guy can also get a 6 foot or however long extension and run the cable for easy access. No popping the hood to plug it in. I have mine ran in the lower front bumper grill on my truck since that also sits for a week or two at a time. Same with my fourwheeler and waiting for another cable I ordered for our new side by side.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why manufactures don't put a solar strip on the roof is beyond me would only take a little piece.
I have a panel sitting here next to me about 4' by 13" and that thing puts out 54v+ in the sun, still does 13v in the shade on a overcast day
you have to use a regulator on it

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until it got towards the end of its life cycle I had no problem with it sitting for a week or the rare 2 week period. Even if I don’t drive it I try to start it each weekend and let it warm up some. Keeping it garaged i would still need to run a cable for a solar set up but that’s not a bad idea. A solar panel will always come in handy. Old battery was still jumpable.

Attachments

• IMG_0568.jpeg
    IMG_0568.jpeg
    361.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0569.jpeg
    IMG_0569.jpeg
    358.1 KB · Views: 3

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced all 4 magneride shocks with genuine GM magneride shocks. Just a hair under $1700 total delivered from Rock Auto with 5% coupon they give everyone. Took it to a shop for the spring swap ($80), and the idiots didnt line them up perfectly, but a few taps with a mallet got em there. So stupid GM sends the rears with a connector, but wants you to change out the fronts. Didn't even try removing pin - just cut wires and soldered old connector to new shocks up front. Very smooth...

ss4chad

Reaction score
Wires, plugs and replaced one coil yesterday. Still have #8 plug/wire to R&R but I have to remove the rear heater core coolant lines to get to the plug. Shame on GM for routing those coolant line dead ass on top of that plug!!
Gonna change rear-end fluid today, change trans fluid tomorrow while my buddy does the coolant line fiscal.
Getting her ready for a Road Trip!

Chad

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver side afm lifter #7 started making a strange sound at 107k. I did the passenger side lifters at 79k 18 months ago. This time the lifter twisted and ruined my camshaft. I had to change all my lifters and camshaft. My mechanic did such a great job for $4500. The mechanic did not get my car dirty or break anything which is amazing. Now my truck responds better and drives awesome. I am also getting 32 psi after a hour driving. Before I was getting 22 psi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yukon DRL

Latest posts