Probably need new O2 sensors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Threw these codes yesterday 5 minutes or so after a cold start. I have a manifold leak so I'm guessing the sensors are probably on their way since it's been running rich.

Don't mind the body control code. Working on the oil pressure code, new pickup tube o-ring going in this weekend.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240508-152928.png
    Screenshot_20240508-152928.png
    330.9 KB · Views: 4

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's a after cat o2. less important, shouldn't effect a:f. the manifold leak will thou, they suck in air and make it look lean so the ecm adds fuel.

I'd say fix that first. if the bolt I'd broken off, they sell add on clamps to seal it up. clear code and go from there.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Threw these codes yesterday 5 minutes or so after a cold start. I have a manifold leak so I'm guessing the sensors are probably on their way since it's been running rich.

Don't mind the body control code. Working on the oil pressure code, new pickup tube o-ring going in this weekend.
Check the wiring, then follow the troubleshooting guide. If the wires are good, it's either the sensor or ECM. Do the simple and less expensive checks first.

Use only GM OE sensors, even Denso branded sensors are calculated differently then the Denso sensors in the ACDelco wrapper. The tips are different too. It does make a difference if you are after maximum performance and efficiency.

Downstream sensors - 12609457 or 213-4229 (same item)

Upstream sensors - 12583804 or 213-3866 (same item)

Your trouble codes are identifying the driver's side oxygen sensor after the catalyst as the culprit.

OP
OP
Coolman1987us

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's a after cat o2. less important, shouldn't effect a:f. the manifold leak will thou, they suck in air and make it look lean so the ecm adds fuel.

I'd say fix that first. if the bolt I'd broken off, they sell add on clamps to seal it up. clear code and go from there.
I have a clamp on the passenger side but I gave up on the driver side, couldn't fit my hands between the firewall. Debating whether or not I want to tackle manifold bolts this weekend. New arp bolts and fel pro gaskets should be here tomorrow. Gonna order some o2's for next weekend.

OP
OP
Coolman1987us

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the wiring, then follow the troubleshooting guide. If the wires are good, it's either the sensor or ECM. Do the simple and less expensive checks first.

Use only GM OE sensors, even Denso branded sensors are calculated differently then the Denso sensors in the ACDelco wrapper. The tips are different too. It does make a difference if you are after maximum performance and efficiency.

Your trouble codes are identifying the driver's side oxygen sensor after the catalyst as the culprit.
Thanks for the part numbers, saves me some digging. I have heard before to only use OEM, should I get them from the dealer or are the OEM Delco ones on rock auto ok?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a clamp on the passenger side but I gave up on the driver side, couldn't fit my hands between the firewall. Debating whether or not I want to tackle manifold bolts this weekend. New arp bolts and fel pro gaskets should be here tomorrow. Gonna order some o2's for next weekend.

hopefully it goes well. I got the clamp on mine and hoping I never have to replace it till the day the motor comes out haha

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Three of the 4 corners on our engine have a broken exhaust manifold bolt. I installed:

Exhaust Manifold bridge clamp, back driver side – APDTY brand # 028218 - amazon
and
Exhaust manifold bridge clamps, frt driver side & back pass – APDTY brand # 028253 - amazon

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Downstream is the after cat sensors?

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Three of the 4 corners on our engine have a broken exhaust manifold bolt. I installed:
Exhaust Manifold bridge clamp, back driver side – APDTY brand # 028218 - amazon
&
Exhaust manifold bridge clamps, frt driver side & back pass – APDTY brand # 028253 - amazon
Please show pics of clamps clamping? Would be appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474

Latest posts