Long term and short term fuel trims intake leak, low idle, improving fuel mileage. Mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you reset the LTFTs when the injectors were replaced? Those values are learned and could be carried over from the prior situation. Eventually they should get closer to what the STFTs run.

The STFTs show it slightly adding some fuel, well within ideal, so there's that. Those are instantaneous trims, and reset at every ignition cycle.

OP
OP
Burban22

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you reset the LTFTs when the injectors were replaced? Those values are learned and could be carried over from the prior situation. Eventually they should get closer to what the STFTs run.

The STFTs show it slightly adding some fuel, well within ideal, so there's that. Those are instantaneous trims, and reset at every ignition cycle.
I don’t have a nice enough scanner to reset LTFT. I disconnect battery for a few days which I thought reset the LTFT? If not hopefully it will get better after 100 miles or so.

OP
OP
Burban22

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve only put on 100 miles since injectors were cleaned and LTFT are still -7 to - 12 at idle but during driving my STFT are now adding fuel occasionally along with the LTFT. This is a change for the good as before injector cleaning it was almost always removing fuel at idle and driving.

I’ll post back my next few hundred mile highway trip if any mpg improvement but I’m doubtful as I could still pull down 16 - 17 at 65 with dirty injectors.

OP
OP
Burban22

Burban22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap that fuel injector cleaning service really helps!

We got 22 miles to the gallon down to Phoenix and back up to mayor / Arcosanti.

15mpg on the climb from Arcosanti to NAZ. Best I could ever get before was 18 - 19 down and 13-14 up.

Fuel trims are still negative at idle but while driving on the interstate 68-70:
STFT -5 to +6
LTFT -7.8 to +6

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imterarizer